Link rot is a plague that affects us:
- as web readers whose bookmarks disappear or are unable to follow links
- as web content producers whose content gets depreciated
- as members of communities whose heritage is compromised.
We believe that link rot can most effectively be fought by web content producers:
- they are directly affected and should feel motivated to react
- they have the power to host web resources
- they are numerous enough to spread web archives over different organizations.
Our goal is to create the infrastructure and the tools needed so that any web content producer can easily archive his or her own links.